- President Obama hosts the swearing-in ceremony for Secretary of the Treasury Jack Lew; Vice President Biden administers the oath of office. 12:30p.m.
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney. 12:30 p.m.
- First Lady Michelle Obama on second day of her nation-wide tour celebrating the third anniversary of Lets Move! in Clinton, MS; Chicago, IL; Springfield, MO.
House of Representatives
- Speaker Boehner holds press briefing. 11:15 a.m.
- Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) and Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR) will hold a press conference to unveil their proposal to place a small tax on certain trading activities undertaken by banking and financial firms. 11.am.
- Commerce Dept. — Releases fourth-quarter GDP. 8:30 a.m.