- Vice President Biden delivers remarks on gun violence at 11 a.m., then meets with NYC Mayor Bloomberg.
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 11 a.m.
- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and members of the minority caucuses hold a rally on the Supreme Court steps as the Voting Rights Act is discussed in Shelby County, Al. v. Holder. 8:30 a.m.
- Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke testifies on monetary policy and the economy before the House Financial Services Committee. 10 a.m.
- House Armed Services hearing on sequester impact on the military. 2 p.m.
- Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act vote. 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- House Speaker John Boehner, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi will dedicate a statue of the late Rosa L. Parks at a ceremony in National Statuary Hall of the United States Capitol. Afterwords, President Obama to speak. 11 a.m.
- Hearing on the Assault Weapons Ban before the Judiciary Committee at 10 a.m. Afterwords, Five Newtown Connecticut teachers will speak
- Chuck Hagel expected to be sworn in as Defense Secretary today, will address Pentagon staff at 10:00 a.m.