- At the Newport News Shipbuilding Yard in Virginia, President Obama will deliver at 1:05 p.m. remarks on the “devastating impact of the sequester.”
- Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernake goes before the Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs committee. 10 am.
- Finance Committee votes on Jack Lew’s nomination to be Treasury Secretary. 10 a.m.
- Resumes consideration of the nomination of Chuck Hagel to be Secretary of Defense on the floor.
- General Raymond T. Odierno, Chief of Staff of the United States Army, will go before the Appropriations Defense subcommittee at 10 a.m. to discuss sequester.
- Standard & Poor’s releases S&P/Case-Shiller index of home prices for December and the fourth quarter. 9 a.m.
- Commerce Dept. releases new home sales for January. 10 a.m.
- The Conference Board releases the Consumer Confidence Index for February. 10:00 a.m.