3:37 pm ET
Things that happen without fail every four years:
- The camp of any newly minted vice presidential candidate will say their guy/gal isn’t being used enough or correctly. “Let X be X.”
- Pundits and politicos compete to (prematurely) declare the race over.
- The slightest diss of the top of the ticket by a down-ballot candidate becomes a major media controversy (more with one party than the other).
- Anything that can possibly be an October Surprise causes mass hyperventilation.
- Matt Drudge becomes America’s assignment editor.
- We miss Johnny Apple.