What you need to know:
- Romney really, really believes in his analysis of the Obama record — strongly and firmly, especially the stuff about America and its allies.
- The Obama campaign and many/most journalists and foreign policy savants will say, with more than a measure of truth, that Romney’s critiques are long on rhetoric and short on meaningful specifics.
- It is hard to see the swing voters in the swing states impacted by what Romney says about foreign policy in July.
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars are more inclined to applaud for Mitt Romney than the NAACP.
- Romney’s delivery Tuesday, on pure performance, was hyped up and instructive as he works his way towards the much bigger speech in Tampa.