For its promise of bipartisan possibilities, for its Badger State lyricism, and, most of all, for the list of donated “Beer and Brat Summit” foodstuffs, you must read this press release from Scott Walker’s office about Tuesday’s event.
Details of Beer and Brat Summit Released
Madison—Tomorrow Governor Walker will be hosting a Beer and Brat Summit at the State of Wisconsin Executive Residence. Members of both political parties and their staff have been invited to attend. To date 98 legislators (37 Democrats, 60 Republicans and one Independent) and 236 staff are planning attend.
Today Governor Walker released the following statement:
I’m looking forward to a great cookout. We’ve got some fantastic, authentic Wisconsin products that we will be sharing with legislators of both political parties and their staff. I am hopeful this get-together will forge relationships that will make it easier to work together to help create jobs.
Governor Walker will be grilling brats for legislators and their staff.
Wisconsin employers made donations to the State of Wisconsin to ensure the event will be a success. Donations include:
· Sprecher Root Beer with specialized labels (see attachment)
· Brats from Trig’s
· Brats from Johnsonville
· Brats from Brat Stop
· Large cheese tray from Cheesers
· Italian sausage and cheddarwurst, and buns from Sardino Brothers Sausage
· Bison burgers, bison bratwurst – onion leek, and bison bratwurst – jalapeno cheddar from Northstar Bison
· Beer from Sconnie Beer
· Potosi Beer from Rep. Tranel
· Beer from Title Town Brewing Company
· Brats from Usinger’s
· Beer from MillerCoors
· Burgers from Roundy’s Supermarkets
· Brownies, cookies, veggie burgers, cheese from Sendik’s Food Markets
· Buns from Pan-O-Gold
· Plates, napkins, utensils, cups, condiments, potato & pasta salad, baked beans, pickles and candy from Lipari Foods
· Lettuce, tomato, onion, green salad w/ dressing, fruit from Russ Davis Wholesale
· Soft drinks and water from Coca Cola Refreshments
· Soft drinks and water from Pepsi of Madison
· Soft drinks and water from Dr. Pepper/Snapple
· Iced tea and juice from Kwik Trip
· Chips from Frito Lay
· Ice and a chiller truck/trailer from Arctic Glacier Ice
· Propane canisters from Tru-Gas
This event is not open to the media—below is a statement from Governor Walker’s spokesman, Cullen Werwie:
In an effort to provide a relaxed environment for lawmakers to socialize with each other and with the Governor, the event will not be open to the media.