Perry continues damage control tour, makes maiden “Late Show” appearance Thurs.
TX Guv tapes Letterman’s signature list segment – “Top 10 Rick Perry Excuses” – from the Ed Sullivan theater. Watch it here.
AND: Campaign makes light of howler with new online poll: What part of the Federal Government would you like to forget about the most?
Perry’s Top 10 excuses on Letterman:
10. “Actually there were three reasons I messed up last night. One was the nerves, two was the headache and three was, and three, uh, uh. Oops.”
9. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I think things went well.”
8. “Hey, I was up late last night watching `Dancing With the Stars.'”
7. “I thought the debate was tonight.”
6. “Hey, listen. You try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you. That is one handsome dude.”
5. “Uh, el nino?”
4. “I had a five-hour energy drink six hours before the debate.”
3. “I really hoped to get on my favorite talk show, but instead I ended up here.”
2. “Hey, I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain.”
1. “I just learned Justin Bieber is my father.”